Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Gallbladder Operation Experience

It was last June 8, 2011 that i called in sick due to high fever... I thought it was just a flu at first, but the fever became persistent for several days and come Sunday, not only do I have fever, but my stomach is always aching, specially my lower back right side... Come Monday, I called in sick again and we immediately went to the hospital for me to get checked...  At first they ran an Ultrasound on my gallbladder and it was confirmed that there is a big stone a size of 2cm in it that has to be removed..

We prepared the necessary documents for my confinement. I contacted my boss to update him of my situation. I got admitted last June 14, 2011 at room 3316 at the Calamba Medical Center in Crossing, Calamba City, Laguna.. June 15, 2011 my cardiologist made a go on my operation procedure. and come June 16, 2011 at around 7am I got operated.


I woke up in the Recovery room at around 1:30pm (same date) with so much in pain. I asked the nurse if the "Painless" Laparoscopy procedure came through. The Nurse said it did really went through but unfortunately my gallbladder was already black & swollen so they decided to do a Major Open Surgery instead. that was the reason of the pain that Im feeling in which I was expecting that it was supposed to be painless.



Due to my continuous rise of Blood Pressure, my stay in the Recovery Room took almost 6 hours. My BP continue to play from 180/120 to 170/100 to another whooping 180/130.. BP IV's had to be administered to bring down my BP. And at around 7:00pm (same date) I was at last transferred to my room where my wife awaits me. There for a moment we became emotional and tears continuously rushed down from my eyes.. The rest of the remaining days was a recovery stage for me.. I could'nt move, I could'nt sleep and I lost appetite on eating... I was officially released from my confinement last June 20, 2011. I really would like to thank the Lord for the strength that He has given me and a new chance of a better life ahead of me.

Now at this point, I will still continue to recover and hopefully my strength will be back after 2 weeks for me to come and report back to work again at Genpact....






No comments:

Post a Comment